Hearing His Voice Today
Beware of False Peace
Hear in Real Audio
Or right click mount35.rm and select "save link as" to
direct download the file.
You will then need to open it in Real Player.
Download free Real Player G2
Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)
- Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but
he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
- Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in
thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?
- And then will II profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work
Beware of False Peace
There may not be any more solemn passage of Scripture than these three verses. After warning
His disciples of the dangers of false prophets, Jesus warns them about the dangers of false peace.
There is coming a day of judgement --- a day when we will stand before Christ to enter heaven.
- It Is a Day of Examination . . . "Not every one . . . shall enter . . ."
Christ will judge those who are fit to enter into heaven. Is this not salvation by works? No.
Faith alone saves, but faith that saves is never alone. "It is God in you both to will and to do
His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13). "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus
unto good works" (Eph. 2:10). "By His power, I was made willing" (Ps.
God justified me by His grace, and by His grace I was made willing to follow Christ's word.
- It is a day of separation . . . "not every one . . . shall enter"
Christ will separate the sheep from the goats, the saved from the lost on that day.
- It is a day of shock . . . "Many will say to me . . . have we not
prophesied . . .?"
There is an expectation, an assurance that heaven will be granted. Shock when it's not.
Obviously, there are many that have a false peace about that day, a peace not from God.
- It is a day of sadness . . . "depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
- It Is a Day of Expectation . . . "Many will say to me . . . have we not
prophesied . . ."
Why are these people who are expecting to get into heaven shocked at being turned away?
Because in their experience they had certain characteristics that gave them false peace.
- They had a spoken spirituality . . . "Lord, Lord."
We talked of you, to you, about you. We knew how to pray, we even prayed in public. Didn't
you hear us in church, in Sunday School? We love to call upon your name.
- They had a doctrinal mentality . . . "have we not prophesied in thy
To prophesy means "to reveal" or to "express the mind of God." They were orthodox.
- They had a religious formality . . ."and in your name cast out demons . .
The casting out of demons was part of the Jewish religious ceremony (Luke 11:20).
- They had a visible morality . . ."and done many wonderful works"
- It Is a Day of Explanation . . . "And then I will profess, depart from me, I
never knew you".
The most important profession is not your profession of faith in Christ, but His of you.
What does it mean for Christ to know you? How do we know He chose us, died for us, and loves
us? What are the marks that we have been born again by the Spirit of God?
"We love Him . . . because He first loved us."
The mark of God's grace is a love for Christ and everything about Him. A person can be
religious, he can know the doctrine, and by human standards he can even be a good person, but
unless he has the love of Christ within Him, evidenced by love for the Lord Jesus, there is no
warrant to believe that person will be with Christ in heaven after his death.
Beware of false peace!