Hearing His Voice Today
Hear in Real Audio
Or right click mount6.rm and select "save link as" to
direct download the file.
You will then need to open it in Real Player.
Download free Real Player G2
Matthew 5:7 (English-KJV)
When God "favors" or graces an individual, He first empties him of self. Once
emptied, the graced person will "hunger and thirst" for Christ and shall be
"filled." What is the evidence that one has been emptied, and then filled
Christ? He is a merciful (mercy-full) person.
- Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain
The Mystery of Mercy"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall
obtain mercy." Some say "God will give you mercy when
(if, because, etc... ) you show mercy.
- The Meaning of Mercy Three words are used in the N.T. and are translated
"mercy" The first two words refer to feelings of compassion, and this one, the third,
to both compassion and steps of action. "Let us not love with words and
tongue but with actions and in truth" (I John 3:18).
- The merciful give help to the needy (I John 3:17, James 2:14-17, Psalm
37:21). "The graced man feels for people in need in his pockets!" John Wesley You
might say, "But I know non-Christians who are very generous to the poor!"
- The kindness of the non-graced person may be humanitarian, but it is not
divine. "A Christian is something before he does anything."
D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones.
- The kindness of the lost is flawed because it seeks no remedy for the soul.
"There is something monstrously absurd in men's being so exceedingly concerned about
the removal of the sufferings of a few years, and altogether careless about the prevention of the
intolerable miseries of eternity" John Brown.
- The merciful grant forgiveness to the guilty (Ephesians 4:32, Colossians 3:13).
" When you bury a mad dog, don't leave his tail above ground." C.H. Spurgeon The
child of God, full of mercy, is able to forgive those who have wounded him.
- The Motive For Mercy
--- we treat others exactly the way we believe God treats
- Because of God's mercy
"Even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye" (Colossians 3:13).
"The Lord is full of compassion and mercy" (James 5:11).
- For God's glory and honor --- so that in everything we do, we desire to
"Whoever is kind to the needy, honours God" (Provers 14:31).
- Mercy by merit violates logic --- mercy merited is justice from God, not
- Mercy by merit violates Scripture.
"All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" (Romans
"All our righteous acts are like filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6).
- Mercy by merit violates this text --- mercy causes a man to be poor, to mourn,
etc. . . "Beatitudes are marks by which the true child of God may be
identified" A.W. Pink. What does it then mean, "they shall obtain
mercy"? There is a two-fold answer to that question --- first a temporal answer, and
then an eternal one.
- Temporally ---- "A kind man benefits himself" (Proverbs
11:17). Acts of kindness toward others in this life are by their very nature rewarded in this
- Eternally --- "Judgement without mercy will be shown to anyone
who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgement" (James